Why viewers watch what they watch
TV viewers have never had so much content at their fingertips. From the explosion of reality programming to the surge of new sitcoms and dramas, every content provider is experimenting across genres, platforms, and more. With streaming services developing ever more original content, there is fiercer competition in the content race. This has put viewers fully in the driver’s seat – which is both an opportunity and a challenge for content providers.
MRI-Simmons' Content Drivers Study combines expertise and a sophisticated “drivers” segmentation to help content providers and creators understand what types of shows viewers want to see. In addition, it guides marketers to place their products in the ideal motivational environment.
Features & Capabilities
- Includes 500+ programs from TV and streaming creators
- Covers 85 motivations for viewing, both at the general viewing and genre-specific level
- Sophisticated “drivers” segmentation based on motivations to watching
- Segments help content providers and advertisers understand what shows their targets want to see and which products fit best
- Look at the moods and state of mind of viewers when watching content across genres
- Sources of information that influence and enhance awareness of new programming